In our modern day society adrenal fatigue is more common than we think, and has been reported by James Wilson (author of “Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st century Stress Syndrome”) that 80% of the population experience some degree of lowered adrenal function.
Adrenal fatigue presents as a collection of signs and symptoms and is caused by all types of stress: emotional and physical, and if left unchecked may lead to further health challenges such as type II diabetes, Thyroid issues and heart attack.
Adrenal fatigue symptoms include:
- Morning fatigue or difficulty getting motivated to wake up
- Feeling run down and stressed
- Struggling to keep up with life’s demands
- Unable to bounce back from stress or illness
- Poor focus or decreased cognition function
- Lowered libido
- Hormonal imbalances
- Bone loss
- Increased allergies
- Difficulty maintaining sleep
- Lowered energy states
- Irregular blood sugar levels
- Cravings for sugary or salty foods
If you have experienced any of these adrenal fatigue side effects it is important to take action now to support, nourish and heal your adrenal system.
Treatment for adrenal fatigue involves reducing stress on the body and mind, replenishing the body with healthy healing foods, eliminating toxins and implementing positive lifestyle habits.
In addition to the above treatment outline, herbal and nutritional therapy has been reported to support and replenish the adrenal system by assisting with stress adaptation responses and modulating cortisol levels.